Thursday, January 19, 2006

I want to be an extremist too!

"... though I was initially disappointed at being categorized as an extremist, as I continued to think about the matter I gradually gained a measure of satisfaction from the label ... In that dramatic scene on Calvary's hill three men were crucified. We must never forget that all three were crucified for the same crime - the crime of extremism. Two were extremists for immorality and thus fell below their environment. The other, Jesus Christ, was an extremist for love, truth, and goodness and thereby rose above his environment. Perhaps the South, the nation, and the world are in dire need of creative extremists." - Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail

2 comments:

Nick and Nora Charles said...

Hi Ruth, I saw your piece in the Courier Mail about blogging and thought it was brilliant.

Will you be reposting it here, I'd love to link to it.

-- Nora

Ruth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.