Saturday, July 01, 2006

What a week or so

What a week! An article I wrote recently generated a bit of interest, with the paper that I write for publishing an opposing article last week and then starting a blog about it! At last look, the post had 216 comments. It certainly had some emotive comments, which were rather innocently or deliberately misleading in content as well. (I checked with my legal sources today).

I have been pondering about how Jesus would respond to all of this and to one person in particular who has taken exception to me in their comments posted and could be contacted if I chose to.

Truth with grace.

I will not back down from truth and applied truth, and yet at the same time, I want to demonstrate grace and love.

You see, the whole 'tolerance' thing is a load of rot. How insulting that you would tolerate someone. As a christian, I am called to live from a higher place. I am called not to tolerate, but to love - unconditionally.

So I am still pondering......

1 comment:

Hazzzaa said...

Actually ruth, I heard something really cool about tollerance the other day:

Tollerance has been misinterpreted many times. you see, to be tollerant you need several things. one of which is to disagree with another's viewpoint/actions. if you don't disagree, then you aren't being tollerant, just apathetic.

The next thing you need is the power to put a halt to whatever it is you disagree with (be that a viewpoint or action). you see, if you can't stop the act/silence the viewpoint, then you infact aren't being tollerant, you're simply impotent.

going by this true definition, Christians are actually the most tollerant people of the world. I dunno if you can use that at all, but i thought it might encourage you at least :)