Monday, July 17, 2006

Ask me tomorrow

Well today I went back to the gym, motivated by a very nice dress I am wearing to a wedding in two weeks!

I was sure I had only been away for 4 - 6 weeks but got to the gym, looked at my card and realised it had been 9 weeks since being there. I realised how good we are at self-delusion sometimes.

I heard a great quote once - which is still a huge challenge for me...
We judge ourselves by our intentions. Others judge us by our actions.

btw, I'm expecting to be sore when I wake up - but ask me tomorrow...

4 comments:

Sunshine Boy said...

I can see the inspirational posters now...

*A Picture of a mountain*

MOTIVATION

-when you know that dress just NEEDS to be worn.

haha

kathryn said...

Ruth, ditch the gym and join the kids ministry! Praise and worship with the kiddies is SO much more energetic then with the big people. ...my calves are STILL killing me!

Steffany said...

Haha I don't know about that.
Praise & Worship with the youth ministry kills my calves!!

Rohan said...

Abbatoirs are kind of tough on calves too...