Sunday, May 21, 2006

Chubby Bunny

It's now been 48 hours since I went into the operating room to get my wisdom teeth out. It was certainly an experience. The bed you lie on has warm air blowing up underneath the bottom sheet to keep you warm cause the surgery is freezing!

The doctors were all lovely, particularly the guy who did the anaesthetic. It was the first general I've ever had so wasn't too sure what to expect - but he made you feel so relaxed (no pun intended).

When I started to wake up after the surgery, I felt like I had only been asleep for 5 minutes and thought I was still in the operating room and they hadn't given me enough. I was little concerned for a moment until a nurse next to me told me I was in recovery - a big relief!

Felt a bit sick so prayed and it settled down. The most frustrating thing was one of my eyes couldn't focus and i kept seeing double until Saturday morning...

And now - I still look like I have my mouth stuffed with marshmellows!

Have been living on ice-cream, custard, yoghurt however this morning I remembered what my good friend Matty J told me about how he lived on milkshakes - and that was much better. Anything you can drink through a straw rather than trying to put a spoon in your mouth is great!

I was hoping to be less swollen than I am. And I live from painkiller to painkiller and icepack to icepack. But overall things have proceeded very well. And I am looking forward to feeling relatively normal again.

3 comments:

luke said...

reminds me of the time i got my first "wisdom tooth experience". ohhh, the good times...

Nick Starrenburg said...

A (sort of) scary thought is that I still have all my wisdom teeth, AND my tonsils, AND my appendix...

I hope they never have to all come out together!

Woofie...

We love you.

Steffany said...

You know the game Chubby Bunny.. Well obviously you do - cos of your post. I used to be soooo good at that game. Like 9 Marshmellow's this one time. Pretty exciting hey..
Hope it dies down soon.