Saturday, April 25, 2009

New York thoughts

Being here 10 days means getting to relax into the city a little - I like this.
Staying in the West Village is very different to staying midtown but I have decided I am a fan.
Saw a rat in the subway, down on the tracks. It seemed a throughly NY moment for some reason.
People carry all sorts of things on the subway.
The American Museum of Natural History was good, but I did feel like I was on a school excursion.
The exchange rate is seriously cramping our style.
I love the "Bread and Pastry Cafe" on Bleecker st. Open 24 hours and they have the yummiest muffins and coffee for
breakfast.
The Christopher St Gourmet Deli is two blocks away, and the "Jane" sandwich is pretty great.
Getting 2 of the last few seats at the Spike Lee session at Apple Soho was a 'lucky' break.
I am so thankful I threw my Converse in at the last minute - perfect for walking all over NY.
I do not recommend, ever, taking a Brisbane - NY trip on the back of a week of sleeping about 3 hours a night. Makes the
first day a very big downer as your body is struggling to cope. Thankful it only lasted one day.
Being in the audience at Letterman was such a great experience - and it was divine favour we got the tickets.
You never know who you will be standing in line with.
Third trip to NY. First time to Statue of Liberty today!
Enjoyed Lobster Bisque at the Soupman.
Ate at the Bourbon St Cafe last night - good southern fried chicken.
Discovered being the NBC weather girl is harder than it looks, and have a DVD to prove it.
Macy's had only two hats to sell me, and neither of them were any good to protect me from the rain.
The lovely waitress at Dublin6 cafe gave us two umbrellas, and we were exceedingly thankful.
There is something thoroughly addictive about this city.

No comments: