Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Fresh meaning to an well-known verse

In the midst of a great big storm on Sunday I was standing at the front screen door looking out and saw two of our fence panels blow out of the fence. They were blowing over toward the car and I was worried they were going to scratch or dent the car.

I was about to run out and grab them when Stephen told me in no uncertain terms to close and lock the front door and sit down.

It was only after the storm passed, and I had to try 4 different routes to get to church (due to fallen power lines and trees) that I realised the immensity of the storm.

And suddenly I had a fresh understanding of "The Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom".

I had almost not given the very powerful storm the reverence it deserved. That would have been very unwise.
In the same way, we have a very powerful God - much more powerful than the storm. And to treat Him with reverence and the respect He deserves truly is the wisest thing we can do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm I like it. The storm/Jesus seems to be such a common theme around blogs this week. :)

Amanda said...

we couldn't even open the door to get outside the wind was so severe!!