Saturday, December 31, 2005

The Lion, the witch and the wardrobe

Wow! What an amazing film. If you haven't seen it, see it.

I got the Chronicles of Narnia for Christmas and have been re-reading the series. I am up to the 4th book - Prince Caspian. They are such a great series. The allegorical account of the creation of Narnia is fantastic.

My favourite quote from The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe - which I loved when I read it and also when I heard it in the film, was a description of Aslan. When Mr Tumnus was asked if Aslan was safe, he replied, "Safe? He's not safe - but he is good".

What an amazing description of God! He's not safe - but He is good.

2 comments:

Sam Austin said...

Ms. Ruth,
I was wondering if you needed someone to fix your blog. On the sidebar to the right, the links read "edit-me". I would be happy to fix that for you. If you were to email me the code at zziplock156@comcast.net, I would be happy to email it to you back on how to fix that. You can view my blog, an example of the fixed sidebar, by clicking on my name, or just post http://saustinsdiary.blogspot.com into your browser address line. I am eager to help, as I enjoy doing so.
If you would like to tell me what you would like there, I would be happy to help.
To send me the code, go to your template, copy all the code, paste it in an email, and send it to me.

Thanks,
Sam

Nick Starrenburg said...

Don't do it Ruth. Nothing to "fix".